Paradox reveal details on Innovative Goals System in Victoria 2
Los Angeles, CA - June 16, 2010 - Paradox Interactive today at E3 unveiled details on its new unique goals program for its upcoming grand strategy game Victoria 2. With the new goal system, at the start of a war and during a war you can add goals that are clearly linked to a particular peace deal. If you want territory in the game, you tell your opponents, and your allies, exactly that is what you are after. When peace talks commence, the player will know exactly what the AI opponent is after rather than leaving negotiation to chance.
With the new innovative goals system, Paradox remains at the forefront of strategy game design. Victoria 2 is a grand strategy game set during the colonial era of the 19th century. Players will guide their nation from an era of absolute monarchies in the early 19th century, through expansion and colonization in hopes of attaining great power at the dawn of the 20th century.
• Deep engrossing political simulation with eight different types of governments
• Detailed economy with over fifty different types of goods and various production factories
• Over 200 different countries can be played, during the era stretching from 1835 to the onset of WWII
• Advanced Technological system with hundreds of inventions to discover
• Improved graphics and interface, as well as multiplayer support
• A streamlined interface makes the game easily accessible.
• Automation of various tasks including, trade and population promotion.
• Advanced spheres of influences system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world.
• Cottage production simulating pre-industrial economies.
• Gunboat Diplomacy, no need for negotiating as a fleet outside a port may be a morepersuasive argument.
Victoria 2 is scheduled for release on August 13, 2010 and will be published worldwide by Paradox Interactive. The PC title will also be available for digital download on leading digital distribution platforms.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox made an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.