Paradox Announces Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Free Weekend
New York –July 22, 2010 – Paradox Interactive today announced that Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West will be available to play for free this weekend on Steam. Now is the perfect time to try and shoot up the Old West in the widely-acclaimed team-based multiplayer.
With the recent addition of dedicated servers and a new map, Paradox Interactive and developer Fatshark continue to build the community. To try out the gun slinging action, visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42120/.
The "free weekend" kicks off on today Thursday, July 22nd and continues through Sunday, July 25th and is available for pre-load now. Lead & Gold is also currently enjoying a 50% off sale as a part of Paradox Interactive annual summer sale.
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Features
- Four distinct playable characters with a multitude of strengths and weaknesses
- A diverse level-up system letting you adapt your character to each game round as it unfolds
- A multitude of different game modes and settings, all with a distinct feeling of the Old West
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West rewards players that play as a team through the incorporation of the Synergy system.
- Recently added Dedicated servers per fan request
- Game modes and mechanics are designed to be easy-to-understand with a minimum of prerequisites
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox made an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
Fatshark is a Swedish game development studio located in Stockholm comprised of experienced and skilled developers with experience from several AAA titles. Fatshark is currently releasing Lead and Gold and has just announced that they work on Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for Capcom. Follow Fatshark at twitter, www.twitter.com/fatsharkgames and www.fatshark.se