Paradox Announces Supreme Ruler: Cold War at Gamescom
COLOGNE - August 19, 2010 – Paradox Interactive today announced plans for the release of Supreme Ruler: Cold War at their Gamescom press event. The newest addition to the Supreme Ruler family is scheduled for release in Q2 2011
"It's been a few years since we released an installment in the Supreme Ruler series so the timing feels perfect,” said Mattias Lilja, Executive Producer at Paradox Interactive. “The series has always had a strong fan following and we're expecting Cold War to be the best one to date. Tying in recent real-world events promises to keep this game interesting for a long time."
In Supreme Ruler: Cold War, players will enter a portrayal of the world in the 1950's based on recent real-world headlines. Battle economic challenges, unstable governments and worldwide tensions in this grand strategy experience.
· Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
· Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
· Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
· Grow and Modernize your Economy
· Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
· And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces
· Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
· Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
· Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox made an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.