King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame Developer Diary Launched!
NEW YORK –May 20th, 2011 – Paradox Interactive and Neocore Games are proud to announce the launch of a new developer diary for King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame, the highly anticipated sequel for the Role-playing RTS series that are launching this Fall. The developer diaries will be released on a weekly basis.
The story begins long after young Arthur pulled the enchanted sword out of the stone and united the war-torn land of Britannia. Where legends normally end, King Arthur II begins on its own gruesome tale...
From the first developer diary by Viktor Juhász, content designer &writer for King Arthur II:
“However, in the very early stages of development we decided that we didn’t want to inherit a given Arthurian mythology. Rather, we wanted to create our own version – and wanted the players to participate in the process! We wanted our players to shape their own mythology, where Arthur could be a tyrant, a believer of the Old Faith, a true knight, a Christian zealot, or anything between. From this, we set out to create an fantasy world based on some historical facts, but also a great deal of myth and folklore. “
To read the complete developer diary, please visit:
View the announcement trailer here:
- Dark fantasy setting. King Arthur is now the Maimed King, trying to mend a land torn asunder
- Stunning plotline, heroic battles and expanded morality chart that unlocks new features
- Large scale battles, with bigger armies to defeat more powerful foes
- Intense boss fights, where the hero’s forces are pitted against unique and terrifying foes
- Wide range of camera control options, a revised animations and an extensive tutorial
For more information on King Arthur II: