Sword of the Stars II: Fans and Media Gathering at PAX
Are you going to be in Seattle for the biggest gaming convention on the planet? Why not take a few hours to get your hands on the biggest sci-fi strategy game of the year?
On Sunday, August 28th , Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Productions are hosting a gathering for fans and media to celebrate Sword of the Stars II and the community that has grown around it. Here you will have a chance to play the game a full month before anyone else as well as meet some of the development team that has been working overtime to deliver 2011's most anticipated space conquest saga.
Space is limited, and invitations will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. Just e-mail susana @ paradoxplaza.com with headline "Sword of the Stars @ PAX" if you want to attend. If selected, you will receive a confirmation and details of the venue in an e-mail and your name will be added to the guest list. Each invitation will be valid for up to 2 people. You must be at least 21 years old to attend.
There will be gifts for the first twenty fans that come through the door. If you are in the Seattle area for PAX Prime or because you are lucky enough to live in the Pacific Northwest, please come! The stars can be yours for the taking just a little bit early!
About Sword of the Stars II:
In Sword of the Stars II, gamers will be reaquainted with the original six races from Swords of the Stars I and its expansions as well as reveal the dark secret of the original series, the Suul’ka – an ancient race that is responsible for tampering with the Liir, Zuul, and other races in the SotS universe!
Not limited to another entire new race and their unique drive technology, SotS2 will be a major step forward in the SotS approach to 4X gameplay, taking the easy-to-learn-hard-to-master philosophy set out in SotS1 and following that path to a new standard in space strategy games.
Sword of the Stars II is the full, stand-alone follow-up to the hit 4X franchise, Sword of the Stars. SotS II will feature the six races from SotS I and its expansions, as well as revealing the dark, running secret of the original series, the Suul’ka – an ancient race that is responsible for tampering with the Liir, Zuul, and other races in the SotS universe!
- Evolves beyond Sword of the Stars I into 6 playable factions, using the races familiar to gamers from the first series of the game, and introducing The Suul ‘ka as a new player for Galactic dominance!
- Detailed star-systems with planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts, and other space terrain!
- All new MARS 2 graphics engine!
- Leviathan class of giant ships, new Battlerider-class ships that carry Destroyer sized ships, new levels of ship details including ship sub-systems, allowing for new fleet strategy and tactics!
- Exciting continuation of the technology tree, with the game starting in the Fusion era and moving beyond the Anti-matter era.