Europa Universalis IV Announced
Germany, Cologne, Aug 13th 2012 - Your dreams of leading a global empire have laid dormant for too long. Now, Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Interactive promise to bring those dreams to life with Europa Universalis IV.
The award-winning series that has sold over a million copies and redefined grand strategy gaming for a generation is back with unprecedented flexibility, new options for imperial management, and the same deep commitment to historical gameplay that has made Europa Universalis the legendary franchise it is today.
View the Europa Universalis IV Announcement trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWTGEZKzn8
Prepare to join a worldwide community of over half a million players and experience the drama and tension that only the grand stage of history can provide. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new – each yours for the taking.
Europa Universalis IV Features:
- Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible
- Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay
- Experience history coming to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events
- Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographical map in full 3D
- Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system
- Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system
- Go online and battle against your friends in an all-new multiplayer game mode that features hot-join, improved chatting, a new matchmaking server, and support for a standalone server
- Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire
About Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is our game
Paradox Development Studio has been a leading developer of globally renowned, PC-focused strategy games since 1995. Today the Stockholm-based studio is the center of a vast community of fans and modders both, with a reach that spans the entire globe and a strong presence in the United States and Europe.
One of the first developers to coin the term "Grand Strategy," Paradox Development Studio is the creative force behind successful franchices Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, Svea Rike & Sengoku: Way of the Warrior. Their latest game release, Crusader Kings II, is one of the highest-rated games this year according to Metacritic.
Continuing to re-invent and advance each of these, as well as create all-new titles, is just one way the studio keeps its 400,000+ member community coming back for more. Just as important is the studio's passion for rich strategy, shared by their fans, and their legacy of providing games so deep and challenging that each offers hundreds of hours of gameplay.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher of PC-based strategy games. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron and Magicka.
2012-2013 will be Paradox Interactive’s most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as War of the Roses, Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves, The Showdown Effect, Dungeonland and Europa Universalis IV. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena with upcoming games such as Salem: The Crafting MMO.