Europa Universalis IV Announced
Germany, Cologne, Aug 13th 2012 - Your dreams of leading a global empire have laid dormant for too long. Now, Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Interactive promise to bring those dreams to life with Europa Universalis IV.
The award-winning series that has sold over a million copies and redefined grand strategy gaming for a generation is back with unprecedented flexibility, new options for imperial management, and the same deep commitment to historical gameplay that has made Europa Universalis the legendary franchise it is today.
View the Europa Universalis IV Announcement trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWTGEZKzn8
Prepare to join a worldwide community of over half a million players and experience the drama and tension that only the grand stage of history can provide. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new – each yours for the taking.
Europa Universalis IV Features:
- Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible
- Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay
- Experience history coming to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events
- Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographical map in full 3D
- Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system
- Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system
- Go online and battle against your friends in an all-new multiplayer game mode that features hot-join, improved chatting, a new matchmaking server, and support for a standalone server
- Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire
About Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is our game
Paradox Development Studio is the developers behind successful strategy franchices such as Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron & Victoria. Their strategy/RPG game Crusader Kings II is critically acclaimed and one of the highest rated games 2012 according to Metacritic.
Paradox Development Studio is currently working on the upcoming empire building game Europa Universalis IV.
The studio has been a leading developer of globally renowned, PC-focused strategy games since 1995. Today the Stockholm-based studio is the center of a vast community of fans and modders both, with a reach that spans the entire globe and a strong presence in the United States and Europe.
Paradox Development Studios believes in the power of the sandbox strategy game – a special kind of experience where you set your own goals and decide which tools you will use to reach them. Sandbox games give you unparalleled freedom to create your own destiny and write your own stories. When you play our games, we want you to feel that the fate of the world really does lie in your hands – and only you decide what that fate means.
Paradox Development Studios games can be enjoyed solo or multiplayer – up to 32 people can compete, co-operate or conspire in our rich historical games. Paradox Development Studio is also a big supporter of user created content; all of our games can be modded to match your heart’s desire.
Continuing to re-invent and advance each of these, as well as create all-new titles, is just one way the studio keeps it's 500,000+ member community coming back for more. Just as important is the studio's passion for rich strategy, shared by their fans, and their legacy of providing games so deep and challenging that each offers hundreds of hours of gameplay.
Want to know more?
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global publisher of PC-based strategy games. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron and Magicka.
2012-2013 will be Paradox Interactive’s most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as War of the Roses, Starvoid, A Game of Dwarves, The Showdown Effect, Dungeonland and Europa Universalis IV. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena with upcoming games such as Salem: The Crafting MMO.