1. Your Account
You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the Account are owned by and inure to the benefit of Paradox Interactive.
2. Grant Of License And Restrictions
You are granted a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to access the Site and use, for non-commercial purposes only, the Service, provided that you do not, and do not allow any third party to:
- A) Modify, copy, reproduce, broadcast, republish, sell, resell, exploit, reverse engineer (except to the extent permitted by law), disassemble, create derivative works or distribute in any way any portion of the Site or any materials provided in the Service, including, but not limited to design and materials including all text, still and motion video, audio and audio visual materials, artwork, graphics, code and / or software (including within any Game) and all other copyrightable elements (the “Content”);
- B) Disrupt or assist in the disruption of any Game and/or Service server or any other End User’s Game and/or Service experience.
- C) Use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Paradox Interactive’s name or Marks (as described below).
Paradox Interactive reserves the right to add, modify, or delete any information on the Site and in the Service at any time. Paradox Interactive makes no representation or warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained on the Site and/or Service, nor does it represent or warrant that the Site and/or Service will be available at all times. The information contained on the Site and in the Service may be incomplete, may contain errors, or become out of date at any time. Paradox Interactive makes no commitment and expressly disclaims any duty to update any of the content on the Site or in the Service.
3. Rules of Conduct
4. Communication Facilities.
The Service may include forums through which you can communicate with other users of the Service and players of the Games (“Communication Facilities”). You agree only to use the Communication Facilities to post, receive or send messages in connection with the Game. By way of example only, and not limited to the following, you agree you will not:
- A) Transmit messages which are, in Paradox Interactive’s sole discretion, offensive, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable.
- B) Post advertisements to sell goods or services.
- C) Impersonate any real person, including without limitation an agent of Paradox Interactive, or otherwise communicate in the Communication Services in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by a representative of Paradox Interactive.
- D) Engage in “trolling,”
- E) Engage in spamming, double posting, cross-posting, and resurrecting old posts.
- F) Hack any Communication Facility or exploit any bugs in same.
Additional rules in connection with the Communication Facilities may be posted within such facilities. Paradox Interactive has no obligation to monitor the Communication Facilities, but reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Facilities and to remove any materials at any time, without notice, and for any reason and in its sole discretion. Statements made by users in the Communication Facilities reflect only the view of their authors and Paradox Interactive specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Facilities and any actions resulting from your participation in the Communication Facilities. Paradox Interactive is not responsible for information that you choose to communicate to other users via the Communications Services, or for the actions of other users.
5. User Generated Content
All right, title, and interest, including copyright, in and to the User Generated Content shall be owned by you, and you hereby irrevocably grant to Paradox Interactive a sub-licensable, free, unlimited, worldwide, non exclusive and perpetual license to use, modify, copy, distribute and display the content in connection with the Service.
Paradox Interactive has no obligation to monitor User Generated Content, but reserves the right to review User Generated Content, and to remove any materials at any time, without notice, and for any reason and in its sole discretion. User Generated Content reflects only the view of its author(s) and Paradox Interactive specifically disclaims any liability with regard to User Generated Content.
6. Intellectual Property
- A) All right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Service, and the Content are owned by Paradox Interactive, or its licensors or other respective owners. All rights reserved.
- B) Paradox Interactive, and certain related names and logos are registered and/or unregistered trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of Paradox Interactive AB. This and all other trademarks, service marks, and trade names (the “Marks”) are proprietary rights owned by Paradox Interactive AB or other respective owners that have granted Paradox Interactive AB the right and license to use such Marks.
7. Consent to Monitor
THE SITE AND SERVICE ARE PROVIDED BY PARADOX INTERACTIVE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, PARADOX INTERACTIVE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PARADOX INTERACTIVE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED: (I) AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED THEREON; (II) THAT THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (III) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICE, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE; OR (IV) THAT THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE, PRODUCTS DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE, PARADOX INTERACTIVE SERVERS, OR E-MAILS SENT FROM OR ON BEHALF OF PARADOX INTERACTIVE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, SCRIPTS, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PARADOX INTERACTIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF PARADOX INTERACTIVE HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND CONTENTS AVAILABLE FROM THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. External Sites
12. Electronic Communications
When you visit the Site, use the Service, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receiving communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site or on the Communication Facilities. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
13. Equitable Remedies
16. Governing Law/Jurisdiction
18. Contacting Us
Date Last Modified: March 6, 2012