Paradox Game Content Guidelines
Last update 2021-07-09
The Paradox Interactive Group (”we”, “us”, “our”) are passionate about allowing our streamers the freedom to express themselves whilst enjoying the games we create. To ensure that you do so fairly, and in line with intellectual property and specifically copyright rules, we have set out the following “Guidelines” for the use of gameplay, music, sound, and screenshots from our games (“Paradox Game Content”).
1. You may make videos, live streams or artwork which contain Paradox Game Content and share
them on media sharing websites such as Twitch, YouTube, Bilibili, Reddit, etc. provided that your
content is freely available to the public (for example you may not place your content behind a
paywall). Monetization of such content is allowed only via such websites’ official affiliate, advertising
or partner programs. Other forms of monetization of Paradox Game Content is not permitted.
2. You may only use Paradox Game Content from games which has been officially released to the
public, or from promotional materials officially released (such as product trailers), unless you have
been directed in writing by us or our partners to do so.
3. You should include your own creative input and commentary in Paradox Game Content. It is not permitted to make videos and images that just contain mere copies of Paradox Game Content without any of your creative input or commentary.
4. If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party (e.g. music) together with Paradox Game Content, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions. Please note that some game soundtracks or songs included in our games may not be owned by us, but instead are licensed from an artist. As this varies from game to game, please be aware that music may trigger content flags and potential removal of the video. In addition, game soundtracks may never be posted or distributed separately and apart from game footage. Also, music from the following soundtracks / channels may never be used:
- “Europa Universalis IV: Sabaton Soundtrack”
- “Hearts of Iron IV: Sabaton Soundtrack”
- “Hearts of Iron IV: Sabaton Soundtrack Vol. II”
- Cities: Skylines in-game radio channel “Gold FM”
When using any other soundtrack, please give credit to the composer and performer of the soundtrack.
5. You are not permitted to imply or state that your videos are officially affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed or approved by us (unless you have been directed to do so).
6. We reserve the right to remove or report any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines at any time.
We will update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.
We hope that the above Guidelines are set out clearly. However, please understand that we will not be able to respond to individual enquiries regarding these Guidelines. If you still have questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions set out below:
What content is acceptable under the Guidelines? Additionally, what content is not acceptable?
We encourage you to use Paradox Game Content in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing video, gameplay footage without your own creative input, or a copy of content created by someone else without their express permission. And please do not post spoilers!
Do the Guidelines cover video uploads or livestreams as well?
These Guidelines cover both uploads and livestreams.
Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream it on a sharing service if it includes your content?
No, you may not sell any videos, music or images that you have created using our content.
What about corporate entities, do the Guidelines apply to them?
The Guidelines are only applicable to individual streamers.
Will there be cases where you will remove content from sharing services?
Yes, we reserve the right to remove or report any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines or our End User License Agreement and Terms of Service.
What do you mean by content that is "unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate"?
Examples of unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate content includes some of the following (although these are given for guidance only and there may be others as set out in more detail in our Terms of Service):
- content that infringes any of our intellectual property rights, our developers or any other third party intellectual property rights;
- content that violates any applicable laws or regulations; and
- content that features pirated software.