Your shopping cart is a little light...
You haven’t added any items to your cart yet. Check out the
Games section and we’re sure you’ll find something you’ll like.
At Paradox, we are working hard at making the best possible gaming experience for our players. In order to achieve this, we need an intimate understanding of what our players like and how they play.
That’s where YOU come in!
If you’d like to help us shape our future games and take part in the Paradox saga, please feel free to sign up for our playtests.
When a game that fits your profile needs testing, we will invite you to our office. Here you will be asked to try the game and tell us what you think. This way you will help us improve our games and in return, we’ll provide you with a key for a Paradox game and sometimes merchandise.
Does this seem interesting?
All tests are conducted at Södermalm in Stockholm, so you need to be able to travel here.
You have to be at least 18 years old.
If you have any questions, please read our FAQ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a playtest?
Playtests is our way of getting feedback from you, the players, early on and throughout the development process, so that we can iterate even before release and make the best game possible. We often need to see how certain parts of the game function in the hands of the actual players, so that we can get an idea of what to improve and how. We do this by inviting you to come play our games that are still in development, usually for an hour or two, while you get to tell us what you think.
What do you need to do in the playtests?
All you need to do is play like you normally would at home. Depending on the game and the tests we are running, we might ask you to play a specific part of a game or use specific features. You do not need to report any bugs or technical issues, just play the game and answer some questions. Sometimes we will ask you to talk about your experience while you are playing the game, and other times by filling out a survey or performing an interview at the end of the test, often times it’s a combination of all three.
It doesn’t matter if you are a pro-gamer or a casual player. As long as you’re interested in our games, we’re interested in you opinion!
Where does the playtests take place?
All our playtests take place in our dedicated playtest room at the Paradox Interactive office in Stockholm, located at the following address:
Västgötagatan 5, 118 27 Stockholm
In order to participate in our playtests, you need to be able to go to our office on your own.
How do you sign up for a playtest?
Click here and fill out the survey.
What can you expect after signing up?
- When a playtest is planned for a game that fits your profile you will be contacted via email. You might need to fill in another survey at this point, which will help us find a more specific target group.
- If you belong to the specific target group you might again be contacted via email, including dates and approximate duration of the playtest, asking if you want to participate.
- If you are chosen to participate further information about location and directions will be provided. - If you are not contacted for a playtest, haven’t been contacted for some time, or haven’t received an email from us following an invite, don’t worry, you are still in our database and will be contacted for future tests. Also, not being available for a playtest doesn’t affect whether or not you are chosen for future ones.
What is in it for you?
Besides getting a sneak peek into games at an early development stage, and unannounced titles, we offer you a game key from a list of Paradox titles every time you participate in a new playtest. The list of titles also includes some DLC’s.
Are there any age restrictions to register?
Yes, you have to be at least 18 years old.
What are you agreeing to?
- When attending a playtest you are agreeing to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). The NDA will be emailed to you beforehand for you to read through at your own pace.
- Playtest sessions will be recorded, including both video and audio of the game or the player. These recordings are not for commercial/marketing purposes and are only intended to help us improve the game.
- During your visit, you will be expected to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner and treat Paradox employees and fellow participants with respect.
What if you no longer want to be contacted to participate in a playtest?
Email email@example.com with your request and we will remove you from our database.
Who can you contact if you still have another question?
You can email your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org