Your shopping cart is a little light...
You haven’t added any items to your cart yet. Check out the
Games section and we’re sure you’ll find something you’ll like.
At Paradox, we are working hard at making the best possible gaming experience for our players. In order to achieve this, we need an intimate understanding of what our players like and how they play.
That is where YOU come in!
If you would like to help us shape our future games and take part in the Paradox saga, please feel free to sign up for our playtests and other user tests. When a game that fits your profile needs testing, we will invite you to participate. Often you will be asked to try the game and tell us what you think. This way you will help us improve our games and in return we’ll provide you with keys for Paradox games and sometimes other rewards.
Does this seem interesting?
SIGN UP HERE!
If you have any questions, please read our FAQ below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a user test?
A user test is our way of getting feedback from you, the players, early on and throughout the development process, so that we can iterate before release and make the best game possible. We often need to see how certain parts of the game function in the hands of the actual players so that we can get an idea of what to improve and how. Depending on the game and the tests we are running, we might ask you to play a specific part of a game, or use specific features. You do not need to report any bugs or technical issues.
We have specific player profiles for every user test and they vary from test to test. It does not matter if you are a pro-gamer or a casual gamer. As long as you are interested in our games, we are interested in your opinion!
What kind of user tests does Paradox do?
A playtest takes place at a location of our choice and you are expected to play like you normally would at home. Sometimes we will ask you to talk about your experience while you are playing the game, and other times by filling out a survey or performing an interview at the end of the test, often times it is a combination of all three. Most of our playtests take place in our dedicated playtest rooms at the Paradox Interactive office in Stockholm, Sweden. We might conduct playtests outside of Sweden, mainly in the U.S and Europe.
A diary study takes place in the home of the participant (or at a location of our choice), and usually spans over a few weeks. Like in a playtest you play the game as you normally would and you will be asked to record entries about your daily experience of the game being played. Often you will be asked to attend one or two debrief sessions at our office (or other location) or via phone or video chat. During a diary study you will always be able to communicate with our moderators even if it takes place remotely.
A focus group consists of 6 to 8 participants that during a few hours together discuss thoughts, feelings, and attitudes about certain topics related to games. You are always joined by a moderator who asks questions and provides instructions. Focus groups are conducted at the location of our choice, usually at the Paradox Interactive office in Stockholm, Sweden.
How do you sign up for a user test?
Click here and fill out the survey.
What can you expect after signing up?
- When a user test is planned for a game that fits your profile you will be contacted via email. You might need to fill in another survey at this point, which will help us find a more specific target group.
- If you belong to the specific target group you might again be contacted via email, including dates and approximate duration of the user test, asking if you want to participate.
- If you are chosen to participate further information about the location and directions will be provided.
- You need to be able to go to the chosen location on your own. Paradox does not cover travel costs.
- If you are not contacted for a user test, haven’t been contacted for some time, or haven’t received an email from us following an invite, do not worry, you are still in our database and will be contacted for future tests when your profile is a match. Not being available for a playtest does not affect whether or not you are chosen for future ones.
What is in it for you?
Besides getting a sneak peek into games at an early development stage, and unannounced titles, we offer you game keys from a list of Paradox titles every time you participate in a new playtest. For longer user studies we might offer additional rewards.
Are there any age restrictions to register?
Yes, you have to be at least 18 years old.
What are you agreeing to?
- When participating in a user test you are agreeing to signing an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). The NDA will be emailed to you beforehand for you to read through at your own pace.
- Playtest sessions will be recorded, including both video and audio of the game and the player. These recordings are not for commercial/marketing purposes and are only intended to help us improve the game.
- During your participation you will be expected to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner and treat Paradox employees and fellow participants with respect.
What if you no longer want to be contacted to participate in a user test?
Email email@example.com with your request and we will remove you from our database.
Who can you contact if you still have another question?
You can email your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org